Sunday, August 30, 2020

IN MEMORIAM: Randall Kenan: Writer, Kindest Soul, and Ally to Me in Helping to Prove the Episcopal Church/Sewanee MURDERED Tennessee Williams -- and a TOP Writing Inspiration to Me:



Randall's Obituaryhttps://www.heraldsun.com/entertainment/books/article245351770.html


I first learned about it from a writer friend on Facebook, who was also devastated. I can't imagine what Jill McCorkle is going through right now. They frequently taught together at the Sewanee Writers Conference -- and they were such close friends:

I haven't been this affected by a death since Wilmington Christian Police murdered Evan Fish on Sept. 3, 2011 -- and I walked around my apartment and paced my deck the last hour, unable to process that Randall Kenan is dead. I'd just begun reading his latest book:



I was so thrilled with the first story, that I STOPPED to save and read in the hospital while recovering from Colon Surgery in a week and a half. And I pulled out Randall's first two books, that I bought when they first came out, to be sure to pack to re-read while recuperating:





I'll probably have to write more in the morning. It seems like I've written Randall more recently than this, but this was the latest I could google up tonight:





.

No comments:

Post a Comment