Saturday, October 8, 2022

The Lord GIVETH (me, a BONE), and the Lord DE-BONETH ME -- LOL!!! / NC State Rep. Deb Butler Kicks Butt with HUMOR / Wilmington City Opens RIVERFEST 2022 with NO ADVANCE PUBLICITY -- PISSING OFF Wilmington's Citizens -- and Especially MERCHANTS!!!

 




>>> Hey, Prez Biden -- and ALL OTHERS :


I could ALSO say: "SCOTUS, SCOTUS, SCOTUS . . . "


Rahm, Rahm, Rahm . . . 


Read this and CRACK-UP -- one way or  another !!!




Scott




Apparently, this is true of BONES as well -- the bone that was placed on my deck rail late yesterday morning, REMAINED THERE first thing this morning, but DISAPPEARED soon after that!!!





Last night, I learned of Riverfest beginning last night from an email from Wilmington Business Journal -- and Port City Daily sent no notice of it being this weekend until THIS MORNING -- after it had begun.


https://wilmingtonriverfest.com/


I get PCD's daily email of top stories -- and USUALLY their news of HAPPENINGS runs AFTER an event has taken place -- and while I don't get Wilmington Star News's daily emails, when I DID, they suffered the same problem with TIMELINESS of NEWS!!!



Wilmington NEWS REPORTERS must ALWAYS be DRUNK & STONED!!!



I LOVED that when I was a Member of First Presbyterian, the Scottish Clans bag-piped their way into the SANCTUARY in KILTS with NO UNDERWEAR!!!


NO WONDER D.A. Benjamin R. David was a Deacon and then an Elder, THERE!!!






















THIS should help Greg Abbott's RE-ELECTION CAMPAIGN!!!





>>> TODAY, AFTER DISCOVERING MY BONE HAD BEEN TAKEN BACK :


I called my Mother, Ruth Anne (Meyer) Kenan, in Raleigh, and we had a HUGE LAUGH over it -- although Mom INSISTED there must be a "normal" explanation for it. But since it was so HEAVY -- and we do NOT have roving bands of thieving Apes or Orangutans in my neighborhood  -- it HAD TO BE DRUG MAFIA trying to SCARE ME.


THEN, I asked Mom if my sister Jane had gotten to FLY TO BELIZE today -- the Tropical Storm headed for there had disappeared -- but now I see ANOTHER MAJOR STORM is expected to DRENCH southern Mexico down to Nicaragua. And Mom said she THINKS SO -- Mom and Jane are both so CANTANKEROUS, that I'm SURE they both are glad to be away from each other for the next two weeks.


Mom said she had INTENDED to watch the debate between Cheri Beasley and Ted Budd last night -- but HER BOOK WAS SO GOOD, she blew it off. I told her she missed NOTHING:




And she got VERY EXCITED that Riverfest is this weekend -- she and Dad must have loved it when they lived here 1980 until 1999. But I told her there was NO ADVANCE PUBLICITY -- UNLIKE in all previous years -- and that DOWNTOWN MERCHANTS are SO ANGRY with City Hall, because:


They DELAYED tearing up a MAIN BLOCK of Front Street -- so that during the ENTIRE SUMMER TOURIST SEASON it looked like ALL BUSINESSES WERE CLOSED on that block, and IN FACT several have been FORCED OUT OF BUSINESS -- look what my acquaintance Gwenifar Rohler has had to ENDURE -- and over MORE ABUSE from City Hall as well!!!:


And Merchants are ALSO ANGRY that Mayor Saffo, Council-People Charlie Rivenbark, Margaret Haynes, Clifford Barnett, Sr., and Luke Waddell (split 50/50 Dems and Repubs), -- ALL involved in LAND DEVELOPMENT -- have been RIDING THE TREASURY , getting the CITY to pay for the PROBLEMS with Mayor Saffo's PET PROJECT:



River Place Condos was a CONSTRUCTION NIGHTMARE -- and besides making TAX-PAYERS cover THEIR REPAIRS, Margaret Haynes and former Councilman Kevin O'Grady got HUGE DISCOUNTS on LUXURY CONDOS there.



"What's up with THAT ???"


And THEN I drove to my local HEAD SHOP -- where NO ONE THERE knew that Riverfest had started -- but the clerk wore a T-SHIRT logoed "Margaritaville, Key West".




I asked her if she had actually BEEN THERE -- Jimmy Buffet's FLAGSHIP STORE -- and she said YES, she'd spent much time there. And I explained that in 1980 and 1981, I had managed TUX: DELI . BAKERY . BAR in that SAME SPACE, but it was FUNDED by Cocaine Money, and fell apart a year later -- and then I worked for Tennessee Williams.


And I'd gotten to know "Mr. Key West" (David Wolkowsky) -- the Landlord and CLOSE FRIEND to Tennessee Williams and "Texas Kate" (Schweppe) Sharp, Moldawer and later McNamara (who grew up BEST FRIENDS with Frank Hawkins Kenan and his brother James Graham Kenan in Atlanta -- they teaching Kate how to act like THE WEALTHIEST WOMAN IN THE WORLD).






ANYWAY, David Wolkowsky owned the LARGEST COLLECTION of Tennessee Williams's PAINTINGS, and gave me my FAVE REVIEW of my memoir:




Sunday, December 20, 2015

From David Wolkowsky of Key West -- Once SALUTED in a James Bond Film: "He captured all of it, the whole shooting match, Scott nailed it."

https://theweathercontinues.blogspot.com/2015/12/from-david-wolkowsky-of-key-west-once.html


AND THEN I came home, and ran into Rob McKinney in the yard -- and HE, TOO, was SHOCKED that the bone had disappeared. Rob spent TEN MINUTES searching for it under and around my deck as well as ON my deck before giving up. And I had NOT been



Last Night.


>>> OK, WHAT THAT CRAZY DEB BUTLER IS NOW UP TO:


I call it "RIDICULING THE RIDICULOUS"!!!


Quiplash Comedy Fundraiser Sunday night

 

 

Dear Scott,


Our fabulous friends from Oregon have arranged this Zoom event to raise donations for my campaign. They recognize that the NC State Legislature has become a critical battleground for preserving women's rights and the checks and balances afforded by our three equal branches of government. Their outpouring of support for my campaign has been overwhelming. 


The Quiplash Comedy Fundraiser will be held on Sunday, October 9th at 8pm ET!


Do try to find time to attend this event and feel the love from this virtual community that is fighting alongside us.   I am very grateful to Greg Proops & David Cross for their support and to the wonderful Sister District Project which has been enormously helpful to me and my campaign. Only 30 Days until the election. Let's take a deep breath, have a good laugh and keep on moving forward together. 


With much gratitude,

Deb Butler 







.

No comments:

Post a Comment