Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Just Like That . . . I Called and Spoke with Hilary Ann Russell-Pritchard -- One of My THREE Original Partners in Whale's Tale Cape May!!!

 





NOW, it feels like CHRISTMAS IN JANUARY!!!



Father Christmas with Hilary Russell and Chuck Pritchard in Whale's Tale -- many years ago.



It was this chain of events that led me to calling Hilary:


First, I saw THIS article in the Port City Daily:



So, remembering how Cape May's beaches were in TERRIBLE SHAPE when I lived there, and additionally, major storms FLOODED Cape May streets -- and the storm and sanitary sewers were connected in a way that when water got THAT HIGH, they MIXED causing raw sewage to get into the streets.


I knew the sewers had long ago now been fixed, and have seen the GOOD BEACHES -- especially to the north end of town -- where there had NEVER been any beach to speak of while I lived there. It ALL had to be beach enrichment, since the Cape Star jetty at the entrance to the Cape May Canal captured beach sand for Wildwood Crest to its north, and then scoured out sand to the south of it.


The FIRST thing I noticed as I looked at the town via Google Maps, was a Harriet Tubman Museum at Lafayette and Franklin Streets -- Chuck, Hil, and I had first lived in a rented house a few blocks toward the beach on Franklin Street. I KNEW Cape May had been HUGE in the Underground Railroad of smuggling slaves to freedom in the North, but had FORGOTTEN how much time Ms. Tubman had lived and worked in Cape May.


And then I decided to WRITE the Museum about my own history in Cape May and my lifelong commitment to Civil Rights for people of ALL TYPES (except compulsive liars), but FIRST I googled Chuck and Hilary to see if they have been making any LOCAL NEWS, lately.


They haven't -- but their home phone number popped right up, and I decided to CALL THEM. Hilary answered, and we spoke for ten minutes (she clearly had others she was busy with, so she had to go).


It was the BEST DECISION I've made IN MY LIFE (or so it still feels)!!!



There have been SO MANY misunderstandings between Chuck and Hilary and me over these many years -- especially since I sold out to them in 1978 -- and I could TELL by Hilary's voice that we BOTH forgive not just each other (and Chuck), but OURSELVES AS WELL!!!


As I told Hilary, BOTH of our sets of parents were HIDEOUS LIARS to us all, and her MOTHER was an ARCH-PRESBYTERIAN, so HATED that I worked for Tennessee Williams, and she tried to tell me once he was just a CHILD-MOLESTER!!!


Chuck's parents were devout Southern Baptists, Chuck's DAD having come from Wilson, North Carolina originally -- when he lived there it was RULED by Kenans at City Hall -- then after serving as an Army Quartermaster during WWII, he founded Pritchard's Haberdashery -- just a few blocks from the US Capitol -- but in the mid-seventies, his street was TORN UP for the construction of the subway.


Leland Stanford Pritchard's store was THE PLACE that kept every Senator's and Congressman's sizes and tastes on file -- and CLOTHED the US Congress through most of the years after WWII until the subway work forced him to close.


Chuck's Mom, was an orphan, who was raised by a Baptist Preacher and his wife, and they BOTH were as honest as the day is long -- and DIPLOMATIC AS COULD BE.


Anyway, I reminded Hilary of the time her mother and my mother in 1976 got together in Cape May and then Hilary's mother, Barbara Russell, went around town announcing to everyone that Hilary and I were GETTING MARRIED!!!


Of course EVERYONE in Cape May knew I was GAY, and we ALL had a lot of LAUGHS over that -- but it shows you how EVIL two Christian Bitches can be when they come together as a COVEN OF WITCHES, no???





So NOW, I need to let this development percolate through my consciousness, and will not now comment about it further.


Also, my buddy former Wilmington Mayor and recently un-seated as a North Carolina State Senator Harper Peterson -- has just cut Atty. Gen. of NC Josh Stein a NEW ASSHOLE!!!




And I'll blog about that, NEXT!!!



.

No comments:

Post a Comment