Monday, August 26, 2019

My Letter Sent to Benjamin Schachtman, Editor of Port City Daily, Tonight:


Ben and Kathy Schachtman, recently.


The agency that enforces and regulates the nation's campaign finance laws will effectively shut down because it won't have the legal minimum of four commissioners to make high-level decisions.

Thanks to Donald Trump, and more so, Sen. Mitch McConnell!!!


About this website

PUBLICINTEGRITY.ORG
Vacancies mean agency can’t carry out numerous responsibilities as elections loom



Ben Schachtman
Editor, Port City Daily
Somewhere on “The Internets”
Wilmington, North Carolina, USA

August 26, 2019

Dear Ben,

A couple of ideas for timely stories:

1. With the big award against Johnson & Johnson for Opioids, why not run a follow up on what is happening with both New Hanover County and City of Wilmington suing a number of Opioid manufacturers. I see these – and other counties’ and states’ suits have been consolidated and sent to northern Ohio:

“These lawsuits -- and the approximately 1,500 from across the country -- have been transferred to the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio under Judge Dan Polster, who will be hearing this multi-district litigation.” https://abc11.com/health/i-team-durham-county-latest-to-sue-big-pharma-over-opioid-crisis/5397493/

Also, after today’s award, J&J’s stock rose after an initial dip on the news – because smart investors expected Oklahoma to actually get billions, not millions, but all the other states have not yet had their day in court.

2. Yesterday, you wrote a piece on the 1898 Wilmington Insurrection that truly shocked me – but I’ll get to that part in a minute. Yesterday was ALSO the day that the Episcopal Church rang bells across the USA for four minutes to commemorate the 400 years since the first African slaves came to what is now the USA. Not all congregations participated, and someone should report on WHICH ONES in Wilmington did so.



I will leave a voicemail for you that I sent this, as I suspect you auto-direct all my emails to trash.

New List:


1. First I must thank you for having let me know that Mayor Saffo and all of City Council GET my emails, and there is legal record of that.

2. While you said I could find out the FULL Police Report on the death of Evan Fish using Freedom of Information Act, I have been totally frustrated, and even Chief District Court Judge Corpening (who released all my Commitment Papers, proving that IN FACT, I have each time been committed on LIES by people whose hard-drug trafficking I’ve reported on my blog), said he could NOT do that, but I since learned that a Superior Court Judge CAN do that, and I intend to soon petition for its release.




Remember, it was when I let Mayor Bill Saffo know I was walking to his office to DEMAND that Report’s release, that I was hit by a Time/Warner truck and knocked 12 feet out of a crosswalk – the driver Rhys not even seeing 6’ 11” me until he felt the impact – and then Councilman Charlie Rivenbark (another “Christian”), said he hoped I get a dog and it is hit by a car!




And then Lawyer Bruce Mason, said he should easily get me $20,000.00 to $40,000.00 damages, but then fired me on demand of my Kenan Family in Chapel Hill – Bruce saying that every Republican and most Democrats in North Carolina are in the Christian Kenan Family’s pockets.

Then, unable to get another lawyer (as my 2nd cousin Lawyer Robert C. Kenan II of Burgaw’s office manager also told me I would not be allowed to do this side of Charlotte, but probably Asheville – since I had earlier annoyed Mega-Drug-Trafficking Lawyer David Nash), I was forced to accept only $2,500.00 – from my Kenan cousin Barbara B. “Bonnie” Weyher’s Raleigh office – a Lily-White firm of 27 (then) lawyers.



3. I have seen you tearing at the edges of the enormous corruption of Wilmington Politicians and Christian Churches and Clergy – and feel bad for you that you cannot do the job of a Journalist, except in minimal ways (but MORE than Star News does with far greater resources). Virtually everyone in this town knows these two groups run not just the hard drugs – but White Supremacy as well. And it is galling that the criminals all try hiding up the skirts of Jesus, the nicest Jewish boy I’ve heard of.



How did they ever expect that in the city that is the LARGEST illegal drug import port in the USA -- as well as having by FAR the highest alcohol consumption in NC, and number FIVE in the NATION!!! – that the Politicians and Clergy are anything but totally corrupted? 

My friend Del Shores’s play, movie, and TV series Sordid Lives, depict the pathetic, sad lives of Southern Christians, and while it is set in Texas, it is totally like Wilmington. Del told me that in his small town, when the Feds came in and BUSTED all of that, virtually all the Politicians and top Ministers were convicted and imprisoned.




This will happen in Wilmington, and I suggest you position your paper to be anticipating this – although your bosses must be beholden to the criminals, or I’m certain you would already have done so. I also understand that everyone in Wilmington is getting rich off the hard drug trade – some directly, others indirectly, selling luxury houses, cars, restaurant food, and all the huge prostitution here – so they don’t want to hear it.

I DID notice that you published https://portcitydaily.com/local-news/2018/12/29/new-hanover-county-opioid-overdoses-spike-over-the-holiday-season-again/ the day AFTER Democrat NC Rep. Deb Butler’s wife Anni Parra died for an undisclosed reason -- which everyone seems to know was bad drugs or an overdose – like Democratic Party 3rd Vice Chair/Head of Cape Fear Equality Ryan Lee Burris died last October, and his fiancĂ©’ Wes Taylor had died of previous to that – their families revealing the truth soon after the deaths.


I imagine you got wind of Anni’s death and knew you could not actually report it. I think it made the press on January 1 – the same day that I reported on it.



Tuesday, January 1, 2019



Hannah Jelkes: "Oh God, please can't we stop now?" In Memory of Wilmington, NC State Representative Deb Butler's Wife, Maria Antonietta "Anni" Parra 1966 - 2018, Who Died Suddenly This Past Friday:


Deborah Kerr as Hannah Jelkes in Tennessee Williams's The Night of the Iguana, directed by John Huston.





I imagine you got wind of Anni’s death and knew you could not actually report it. I think it made the press on January 1 – the same day that I reported on it.

Deb is up for reelection this year, and while I probably would agree with all of her votes and work in the NC Legislature, she is too corrupted to remain in office. She had admitted to me in person her affiliation with major drug trafficker Republican Jonathan Deputy (one of those who committed me to “The Oaks” on lies).

Remember, she was appointed to the seat after Gov. Cooper elevated Susi Hamilton to his cabinet, and in the last election – in a totally gerrymandered district that no Republican could win without an “Act of God”, the Republican – right after he won his Party’s endorsement as their Candidate, he DISABLED his fund-raising, clearly giving Deb Butler the race since she makes so much Drug Money for Republicans.

The other thing I will say now about elections is that I sorely miss Mexico that does not allow any campaigning for any election until three months before Election Day. Trump and several others have been running since the day after he was elected in 2016, and our country is beyond exhausted from it – and too much money is spent.

My final note is that your article https://portcitydaily.com/local-news/2019/08/25/cape-fear-museum-receives-1898-newspaper-offering-different-perspective-on-coup-detat/ really did shock me – in that it revealed either your attitude, or your assumed attitude of your reading audience, is that Wilmingtonians are overwhelmingly the type to think the 1898 Insurrection was a “Race Riot” caused viciously by the Blacks.

I do get that here – and in fact in the whole South – it was taught that way for years (and maybe still is). That certainly proves the absolute failure of Christianity (conservative, Evangelical, anyway), to be aligned with this thing most call God and Truth. But no one I speak with – including many Trump supporters – is that ignorant today. I think you need a good vacation to somewhere where there are fewer Christian pigs – and more educated people.


Wilmington is such a WHORE; she corrupts everything that is good and decent!


Here is a great short article on the Insurrection: https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/08/wilmington-massacre/536457/ .

You will notice the surprising reporting on Sen. Thom Tillis – and I wonder if you agree with me that the two “Thoms”, Tillis and Goolsby, unnecessarily spell it like it is to be pronounced with a major lisp! ONLY disgraced former NC Senator Thom Goolsby is certified to be a closet case homo, though. And what a mess, he working for my wealthy Kenan Family in Chapel Hill to keep Silent Sam on campus and prominent.

Perhaps tomorrow, I shall go to Goolsby’s Law Office and ridicule him over his losing this battle. It’s the least I can do . . .

Well, I hope you find some of my suggestions useful! Send me a note -- if it won’t cause you to lose your job.

Scott

(910) 200-XXXX






.

No comments:

Post a Comment