Wednesday, February 1, 2023

"The Freaks of Denison University: A Love Story of My Little Ohio College That Could" -- Title of the FIRST Book I Think I Can Write, NOW!!!:

 








I have TONS of stories of "FREAKS" at Denison while I attended -- not just Michael Novak and his two roommates, Charlie Dimmick and "Brees" -- all straight guys whom I smoked a LOT OF POT with and listened to The Firesign Theater and Elton John and Pink Floyd with.

Six of us had "The Commune" -- as it was called -- sleeping on two mattresses laid on the floor in my and James Anderson's dorm room most of second semester freshman year. Chief of those to graduate The Commune was Edith Holmes Love:



I first got back in touch with Edith Love -- seen here during her long tenure as Managing Director of the Alliance Theatre in Atlanta -- in 1990. We lost touch and then were back in touch the last couple of years of her life.


https://alumni.denison.edu/citations/edith-holmes-love/


https://theweathercontinues.blogspot.com/2020/10/the-amazing-edith-holmes-love-letter-of.html


AND all of those stories are SUFFUSED by the spirit of my MOTHER, Ruth Anne (Meyer) Kenan.





.

No comments:

Post a Comment