Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Well It Worked -- But I Sure Wasn't Very NICE (in accomplishing it)!!!


No, not quite . . . 


My roommate came in about half an hour ago, and he's been looking for a place. And the one that looks quite promising, is definitely available 1/1, and the guy the owner (a Federal Probation Officer who apparently does not live on site), gave notice to be out by 1/1, is almost never there, so they are going to see if he will abandon by 12/23.

Of course I immediately offered that if Phil pays up the $100.00, he can stay here until then -- if it works out otherwise -- or in general, since it will be far easier to find a place to move to 1/1. Now that I know he GETS IT, I'm easily flexible to that extent.

And we discussed things a little in a very civil way, but best was Phil's story of the two other places he was considering. He was passing a rather large mansion, and noticed a sign of room for rent, so called, left message, and was soon called back.


Certainly not one of Wilmington's largest mansions, the Greystone Inn was (in an earlier day), the home of Stanley Winborne III's (the Iguana Carrier's), grandmother. Here's an interior shot:



Lobby of the Greystone Inn (http://www.graystoneinn.com/). Stanley's family controlled:



Well, back to Phil's story. The woman said that she only rented to college boys, so Phil said he could be that for her, but was actually a WORKING boy. And she explained that if they didn't pay their rent on time, all she had to do was call their mama or their papa -- and things would be taken care of right away!!!

But more on what Phil is serious about -- which from his naming of neighborhood, would be right near the home of District Attorney Benjamin R. David and his wife, Stephanie. He said it would be a two-person share of a space smaller than mine, and not as nice. The rent for him would be $800.00 per month.

Oh, I see.


Well. There's just NOTHIN' I can think of to say -- except:


This will DEFINITELY be a "Carnival Cruise"!!!

And then I suggested he check the house owned by William Rand Kenan, Sr. and his wife -- after Henry Flagler left them a whole passel of Standard Oil stock when he died -- like he did ALL Mary Lily (Kenan) Flagler's family.


William R. Kenan, Sr.'s house -- side view -- has been broken up into about 12 apartments, and recently I have seen a sign out front of a vacancy priced $600.00 per month.

So I SUGGESTED it, as another possibility -- now that he's such a HIGH ROLLER.

I didn't say that last part.

BOTTOM LINE: Phil is a GREAT STORYTELLER (too bad he's under-developed in writing skills) -- to bamboozle me and everyone else so effectively.

I shall MISS him (but not TOO much).

Now I DID speak with Bob Jones for nearly an hour, tonight, and learned that when he taught English in Brazil (home of the World's Hottest Man -- and the Old Original Jesus) -- see



Bob gave his 1st, 2nd, and 3rd year English students the following mysterious sentence to explain WHAT IT MEANS TO BE AN AMERICAN.

And before I give it to you, Ryan Lee Burris (3rd Vice Chair of New Hanover County Democratic Party, Head of Cape Fear Equality, and some other "Queer Thang", too), has VOLUNTEERED (Ryan is on the right), to illustrate it:


"We're all Bozos on this bus!!!"

And ONLY at the end of third year, did Bob try to define "Bozo" -- which has no equivalent in Portuguese (or any other language, I bet).

I just tried to google up a photo of old friends from Henderson High that Bob and I discussed today -- but look what came up instead!!!


Anderson Cooper-Vanderbilt is FINALLY apologizing to me for his family PERMANENTLY KICKING ME OUT of their Grand Central Station in New York City!!! "Randy Briefs" was actually lawyer Andrew Emerson Cook of Saper Law in Chicago :


Anyhoo, Jamie Lee Sutherland of Wells Fargo, Chicago, in 2010, during his negotiation to sell me his home in Mismaloya, Mexico:


Casa Vista Los Arcos

Claimed that Kathy Griffin lived right next door -- and many other celebrities had homes on Avenida Eva Gardner in Mismaloya!!!

I don't actually remember WHAT I was typing about, but when I mentioned my whole new approach to him on how I view Thomas S. Kenan III -- and that I intended to write him this evening, he asked, "Will he respond???"

And, OF COURSE, he will not.

So I've decided to just BLOG about it, manana . . . 

Scott



Scott Kenan shared a link.
2 hrs

For years we've been shamed into thinking that cursing is bad, something reserved for low-lifes and sailors. But new research suggests the exact opposite is
DISTRACTIFY.COM


.

No comments:

Post a Comment