Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Today's HAPPY SURPRISE: Ernie Thompson of First Presbyterian, Wilmington, Has Accepted a BETTER CALL!!!


Rev. Ernest Trice Thompson III



Hi Ernie,

I learned of your new call in the strangest way, today, but before getting into that, let me assure you that my sole purpose here is to make clear that I never had a problem with your “you” – you were just in a DREADFUL church-situation -- given what you allowed me to see in your heart and your soul.

That really says it all, but I’m going to say more, and while I MIGHT publish only SOME of this, when you see it on my blog, you will have ANOTHER bout of laughter – that I have edited it so well.

This afternoon, a shopkeeper who reads my blog, approached me eager to say she had done some research, and you had resigned First Presbyterian. She had no idea of more, and we speculated that when a minister RESIGNS, he’s leaving the ministry. But I see that God gave you a new call – SO much better, no???

The many, many sad, illegal, and immoral things that went on during the years 2011 until now at First Presbyterian, I NEVER felt were things you approved of, except – and only maybe – White Supremacy. When you told me -- as if you assumed I would agree with the action -- how you had run off that black retired Army Colonel and his wife by telling them you supported Gay Marriage -- true, but the point is that all knew that back then, black Christians were the MOST homophobic people on EARTH – just look what’s happening in parts of Africa, now!!!

No wonder the first thing I learned in 2011 from inmates in the local jail, is that in the USA, jailers know they cannot put only black guys in a cell block – they have to add at least one brown or white guy as well. If they don’t, the black guys all immediately begin rear-ending each other (as soon as the guards aren’t looking). No wonder black folks have been a little edgy about the subject.

But all gay guys from the USA who visit Mexico will tell you that ANY Mexican man will have sex with you – some just require a propino (tip). What makes White Guys any different??? (rhetorical)

And if my FAVE Presbyterian in-joke is true – I DEEPLY researched Presbyterian jokes while I was a member, reporting many to Discovery Class, which loved them all, but a couple had trouble with the unit of measure in this -- but I bet YOU will get it: “Whenever there are four Presbyterians gathered together, there is always a fifth.”

I hope you have one handy as you read this, and you now take a big swig. I will not drink until I’ve completed this, but I DID walk by a “Bonfire of the Vanities”, earlier, where they were destroying evidence of herbal crimes – and I made certain they completed the job.

I certainly enjoyed your interview at Westminster (no reason to give my thoughts on that, but God invented marketing, so it is good) – and it sounds challenging with two campuses. I trust you will find the opportunity to spread your God-given wings there and give it all you’ve got – A LOT!!!

L’Chaim!!!


Scott



Even filmmaker John Waters didn't know what to make of me when I met him this past March at the Tennessee Williams Festival. He refused to have any actual conversation with me.


He didn't CARE that I once worked for the narco-trafficking Lawrence, brother of Stanley Buchthal




who produced what became Waters' POT OF GOLD:





I agree.

Scott




.

No comments:

Post a Comment