Sunday, May 10, 2015

A Message of Appreciation to First Presbyterian, Wilmington, NC (and St. Mary's Catholic as well)!!!




Dear Ernie and Charlie – and Kathy as well,

Sorry you have such lousy weather for Mother’s Day – but hope you all have a living mother to honor!!! I called mine (93 years old with firm mind), yesterday and we had a long jolly talk – because I have learned not to discuss specific politics with her, but the practical things I have been doing as I move forward straightening out my life – and she supports me in them, especially since I am NOT for punishments, but for HEALING, and Mom now gets that.

Do you remember how some of us made it to church for services after that 2011 storm??? And how fun it was to demonstrate that kind of shared commitment.

I am writing because I don’t feel I have given either of you proper credit for what you do and did (especially including dealing with MANY powerful forces in your congregation) – partly because it was only yesterday that I realized The Church (via Ernie), HAD to have given me the money to stay in a hotel during that violent storm in August 2011 – I had not yet met “Testosteroni”. And it’s also true that I never really got to know Charlie (or Rev. Beach) – but I want them  to witness what I write to Ernie (which might get blog-posted, depending).


First of all, you might recall that in 2010, while I still lived in Atlanta, I visited http://www.libertyhallnc.org/, and was actually allowed to explore the books in the library – finding many on Presbyterian thought that were at least 200 years old – and I was BLOWN AWAY how identical much of it was to the metaphysics I have studied – especially in Science of Mind, but the old “Seth Books” (alleged channeled material), that were so popular in the 1970s, then “Abraham’s” teachings that became so popular in the 1990s and the oughts. Lou and Linda Orlando once belonged to the “Mile High Church” of Religious Science in Colorado, so could probably tell you something about that.

So I can’t help thinking that Presbyterian thought and Presbyterians should be NATURAL leaders in the evolution of Christian Thought. Your decision-making process on Gay Marriage should be about complete now, and results for your congregation soon announced. I’m sure everyone will be glad when it is done, and I sincerely hope it does not cause a fracturing of your congregation or Church!!!

And I hope neither of you has taken any of my past criticisms too much to heart. I now see that Ernie REALLY stuck his neck out – particularly in being so generous with me with financial help. I hope no one who found out about that has tried to LYNCH you – LOL!!!


Sister Mary Isaac Koenig from Bassilica Church of St. Mary's, Wilmington.

I also hope Father Bob and Sister Mary Isaac at St. Mary’s haven’t taken such to heart. Your two congregations (or leaders), were my biggest help, and I intend to especially help your charities that I also like when I get money. Also First Baptist on Kenan Plaza – and then other churches in Wilmington, those who helped me at all.

So let’s hope this period of Spiritual Change de-tensifies soon, and we can all relax and appreciate each other more!!!

I will always appreciate your prayers for my guidance.

And STRANGELY, again today, my usual scott@scottkenan.com email has been SHUT DOWN by the US Government with NO mention of for how long – typically it is for half a day. Please pray that the US Government pulls OUT of not just narco-trafficking – but violations of citizens’ and non-citizens; RIGHTS!!!


Scott Kenanernie

(This bizarre change to my last name must have come while I began typing in Ernie's email address and couldn't figure out where my typing had gone. I hope no one thought it was "strangely deliberate" -- it was NOT -- LOL!!!)



A strange question on Mother's Day, no???


Scott


.

No comments:

Post a Comment