Tuesday, December 30, 2014

HOLY MACKEREL -- Leslie Jordan Is Coming to Puerto Vallarta for a LONG STAY (and theatrical engagement)!!!

FIRST THIS:


I have NO IDEA how many view my blog via Tumblr, but hits keep increasing, with over 700 per day, now, France beating the USA consistently for the last ten days!!!


AND LATER:





This image was sent by Randy Jones, lead member of the iconic group THE VILLAGE PEOPLE, whom I have known since 1981. Below you will see more on that, but I ALSO dated a guy long distance in Palm Springs, California, (where Frank K. Meyer -- of Puerto Vallarta Writers Group -- was Frank Sinatra's dentist), and when I flew out in the early oughts to visit him, he rented a room from ANOTHER member of the Village People, one of the later replacements.


All bridges, whether physical, virtual or metaphorical, are hallmarks of a civilization.
All bridges are a leap of faith.
Bridges are good.
Be a bridge.

I know Randy Jones still -- and he does a big charity bash in Carolina Beach, NC every year -- Randy is from "Kenan Country" (S.E. North Carolina). Also, Glenn Hughes ( motorcycle guy), stole my best bartender from Tux Deli in Key West and they stayed together for twenty years!!!

NYPD's Finest! ;).. the Band of brothers
YOUTUBE.COM
Like ·  · 

>>> MOST IMPORTANT NEWS AND TWO REMINDERS:



Adrian Takano Rojas


Late yesterday, I had occasion to pass the three-story, modern and updated with granite counters, etc. expensive art studio of Adrain Takano Rojashttp://artvallarta.com/classes-workshops/art-vallarta-teachers/adrian-takano-rojas/. I have often wondered how a guy barely in his mid-20s who does NOT sell many paintings could afford it -- and it is GONE!!!

The permanent signs that had flanked the door are no longer there. I sure hope my blogging had nothing to do with this.

Also, I've realized that the reason NC Stanley palled with Adrian was because he had been teaching his wife, Alice, to paint -- AND Adrian agreed to allow the Puerto Vallarta Writers Group to use one of his paintings on the cover of the annual anthologyCoast Lines.



But only Coast Lines 2 is available to buy, electronichttp://www.amazon.com/Coast-Lines-Writings-Vallarta-Writers/dp/1480217980


WAIT A MINUTE!!! I thought Coast Lines 4 is meant to contain writing from 2014, and why it was expected out BEFORE Christmas 2014 (a few days ago).



Well, that's MARKETINGI guess . . .


FIRST REMINDER: Money is NOT physical (we left the gold standard decades ago), and the Dollar's value is based on the "Full Faith and Credit of the United States Government". The stock market is a barometer of confidence, and its fluctuations are NOT based on the inventoried valuation of the companies.

The best current example of this is the "fall into the toilet" of the value of the Ruble after President Obama led others in imposing sanctions. CONFIDENCE IN ITS ABILITY IN INTERNATIONAL MARKETS FELL.


SECOND REMINDER: Only SUCCESSFUL people can tell YOU how to be a success, so if THAT is your goal, don't hang back with the LOSERS!!!


HBD Annie. I'm right behind you 

"There's this youth culture that is really, really powerful and really, really strong, but what it does is it really discards people once they reach a certain age. I actually think that people are so powerful and interesting - women, especially - when they reach my age. We've got so much to say, but popular culture is so reductive that we just talk about whether we've got wrinkles, or whether we've put on weight or lost weight, or whether we've changed our hair style. I just find that so shallow."–Annie Lennox, who turns 60 today
Like ·  · 
  • Delia Rae Saldivar and 16 others like this.
  • Scott Kenan No one is discarded who does not allow it. That bitch needs to ask Tina Turner, and many other wonderful people with life-long careers, how they did it. POSSIBLY they evolved -- unlike Annie Lenox!!!
    23 hrs · Like
  • Lynn Harris Medcalf Scott, Annie Lenox has evolved and remained relevant. She is pointing to the broader culture that worships youth, calling it out for the BS that it is. I, for one, applaud her for her statements.
    22 hrs · Like
  • Scott Kenan Then why the BEEF, bitch???
    22 hrs · Like
  • Gail Harris Scott, perhaps as a man living in another country, you are less at risk of the rampant ageism impacting women boomers in particular. Tina Turner is an anomaly but she lives in Europe which may contribute to her success in avoiding American ageism. As a "nobody" I have experienced my share.
    14 hrs · Like · 3
  • Scott Kenan Bullshit. I completely (?) understand the problem of ageism, especially toward women. However, Meryl Streep, the "public person" still living whom I knew best while working for Tennessee Williams, doesn't suffer too much, nor Helen Mirren, and others. So quoting Ms. Lennox who DOESN'T handle it well is ridiculous, if you hope to get things better. Ask a SUCCESSFUL PERSON. That was the point I meant to make.
    2 hrs · Like


>>> AND NOW TO LESLIE JORDAN (and drag queens in general):



Uh-oh!!! He is the drag queen (and other), that I channel most while writing my blog -- in Puerto Vallarta. And I already met Del Shores here in person. WATCH OUT!!!


Emmy Award winner Leslie Jordan returns to Puerto Vallarta for the third year in a row with a new show titled: ‘Say Cheese: My Life in front of the Camera!’
PUERTO VALLARTA'S MOST READ NEWS
Like ·  · 


SCOTT KENAN'S HISTORY WITH ASSORTED DRAG QUEENS:


Charlie Brown was Queen of Backstreet the entire time I lived in Atlanta -- although I only got to know her in 2009.



Ru Paul (1983, long before she was anything but a rising minor Atlanta drag queen), ran up to me breathless in Pharr Library gay disco, to exclaim, "I know JUST WHERE you can get size 15 Fuck-Me Pumps!!!" -- and she was RIGHT, Friedman's, but I only bought manly shoes there.


I just LOVE their web addresshttp://largefeet.com/


And also, within a year of that -- and ALSO at the Pharr Library, I met the actual Mexican Consul to Atlanta, Senor Villanueva, presumably PRI Party, and he took me to his penthouse hotel suite where during a fabulous weekend, he planted the Flag of Mexico in BOTH my major orifices, inseminating me with the love of Mexico and her people!!!



Translated: "God's cum-splat that created the City of Colima, Colima, Mexico."


This sculpture has a PROMINENT position in a city park, there.


So if YOU don't like human semen -- don't bother with Mexico!!! (Even Presidente Pena Nieto is known for his homo-sex!!!)


>>> ADDED LATER: I CAN'T BELIEVE I FORGOT DIVINE!!!



Not only was I scheduled to either spaghetti- or jello-wrestle Divine at The Monster disco, Key West, 1981 (something happened and she had to completely cancel), but in 1987 - 1990, I managed Mama Mia's Pasta & Pizza in Stone Mountain, Georgia, and the owner, Lawrence Buchthal's brother Stanley Buchthal PRODUCED the original Hairspray, released, during that time.


Come March of 2015, I expect to finally MEET John Waters -- "down by a bayou", as they say . . . 




I first met Lady Chablis in Savannah, Georgia the night Lady Diana was killed -- and with Marc LaFont (a very major character in this blog), but I STILL continue to converse with her, occasionally, via Facebook.


Here is something of the past, and it deserves TWO:




And finally, the reigning Queen of Wilmington, North Carolina, Curtis Thompson, who told me all about so many Wilmington preachers, politicians, and business leaders who SUCK DICK, secretly.

He also told me the back-story of those who then lived in the William R. Kenan, Jr House at 110 Nun Street -- and maybe saved my life!!!






The William R. Kenan, Jr. House


Scott

.

No comments:

Post a Comment