Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Three Newses -- and a SUPER HOOT!!!


"A lake that is noisy cannot reflect anything"

- Robert Adams




>>> WELL HERE'S SOME NEWS -- BEGINNING WITH THE GOOD:


Fans of print books, who have long lived in fear that their neighborhood bookstore will be rendered obsolete by the ubiquity of ebooks in a matter of years, can take...
HUFFINGTONPOST.COM
LikeLike ·  · 


>>> NOW, THE SAD:



Marian Seldes speaking with John Patrick Shanely (me behind them), in the Bishop's Residence, Cathedral St. John the Divine, New York in 2009. Now she's gone.


At the New Orleans/Tennessee Williams Festival 2008, Thomas Keith introduced me to Ms. Seldes and she and I had breakfast together, discussing my not-yet-completed memoir about working for Tennessee Williams.

I always think of this old role of hers. She could be exotic:


As Bertha in Ondine, 1954


I finally met Rex Reed at that festival too. My college friend Jeff Work and I visited New York in spring of 1973, right before graduating Denison University, stayed in Jill Krementz and Kurt Vonnegut's apartment while they were out of town, and saw Rex Reed at the Continental Baths -- dancing between two "Jungle Bunnies", a term I wouldn't use except that they were pudgy black guys, and each wore only a white diaper and elastic band with locker key, so I think that qualifies.


>>> AND THE BAD:





>>> FINALLY, THE SUPER HOOT (of an email thread)!!!:




Unable to find an image of Kat D'Andrea, I am using this to represent her.


On Tuesday, October 7, 2014, Scott Kenan wrote:


Dear Ms. D'Andrea,

Thank you for writing to explain yourself, but I have never before seen anyone (except, perhaps, a grade school teacher or principal to a misbehaving student), sign a letter or email with their "gender title" and last name only. Now, you might feel that way about me, but I'm 63, so that means you, a generation older, would be a FOSSIL, almost!!!

And quite frankly, let me apologize up front, because I had tried to get email addresses for all the directors of plays being presented at the Provincetown Tennessee Williams Festival, couldn't find one for Brandt Reiter, director of KNOW Theatre's contribution, VIEUX CARRE. Going to KNOW Theatre's site, I ended up finding YOUR address, and I see you are apparently not high up the ladder enough to go to Provincetown for the Festival -- which is a shame, since I'm sure everyone had a ton of fun.

So I clearly got the WRONG PERSON'S EMAIL ADDRESS, apologize, and will remove you as soon as you send me Brandt Reiter's email address.

And if you SHOULD be ambitious enough to be included on these theatrical "out-of-town-junkets" in the future, I suggest you carefully study my below comments interspersed with what you wrote me, meant to help improve your professionalism:

Just because someone asks to be removed from your list does not mean you are allowed to completely slander them. (Slander has to do with lies, which I did not send. Clearly you are NOT associated with the criminals who murdered Tennessee Williams, stole his estate from Harvard, and make money off their ill-gotten goods -- and at this time I doubt KNOW Theater did this consciously either, so I'm not upset with your theater. If any of your friends have ever bought pot, a pill, or a "line" for a party -- or even run a red light -- they are criminals. Strictly speaking, we ALL are!!!) I had never heard your name until you somehow acquired our email address less than 2 weeks ago. (It was an easy email address to acquire "somehow".)

I am a member of a tiny theatre (this pretension of spelling works only as the NAME of a theater -- not in a sentence meaning a theater in general), company in upstate NY. I am a scenic artist and I run a box office. I have NO idea what you are talking about in ANY of your emails. I don't even read them. (This sounds like what we used to call an "Old Maid" who needs a good lay -- human semen is chock full of mood improvers -- although if you prefer a woman, you miss out on those. But HOW can you understand or NOT understand what you claim not to read -- the evidence is that you DO read them -- you are just a damn LIAR!!!) But when you call out MY name and place of work and where I live in a subject line of an email I have absolutely nothing to do with then that is completely uncalled for and slanderous. (As I've said, you were the wrong target and I apologize for that, but "slanderous" is a description that is GREATLY overblown.)

This email account is not my personal email. (Well then THANK YOU for responding!!!)  I have never heard of the people you blather on about. (Such a piquant verb from someone who doesn't read my emails!!!) Nor, quite frankly, do I care. If this is your own personal vendetta then fine, what ever boats your float. I am not a conspiracy theorist. (I did not ask you to devise any conspiracy theories, so why do you write this??? Lately, I stick to the things I have court-quality evidence of -- or overwhelming circumstantial evidence of -- I have no time for conspiracy theories that are duds, either -- I will soon be SUING some of these people in Court -- and many, like Thomas Elliot Keith, will be indicted on at least RACKETEERING charges -- he's probably the ONLY "Williams scholar or acting professional" who deserves to be put in prison -- not including John Uecker.)

Mr. Kenan, whoever you are, you should be ashamed of yourself sir. My only "crime" was to ask to be removed from your email list, four times, politely. (Mostly, you HAVE been polite -- but there is no shame in what I have done. I'm glad you finally explained yourself so you can now send Mr. Reiter's email address and I can take you off.)

I apologize to the unfortunate members of this list for the mass email. (An apology from a recipient of an email IMPLIES that they provoked the problem -- which you did NOT do -- except not to explain your request -- and that you have now done -- BRAVO!!!) It is not my intent to pollute your accounts with more of whatever this is but as he informed you of my personal details I wanted to defend my name in a public forum. I will no longer engage Mr. Kenan as it seems to provoke him ensures he will resort to blindly accusing innocent people. 

Well, the last part was a grammatical "mini-mess", indicating anger. Best to smoke some pot to relax -- alcohol tends to increase anger.

Thanks for writing -- and send along that email address so I can remove YOURS.

All best,
Scott David Kenan
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico


On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 5:40 PM, Kat D'Andrea wrote:



Well, I did go to Provincetown and I had a lovely time.  

I would never send you Mr. Reiter's email. That would be unprofessional. And as he is a good friend I would never inflict you upon him. 

And as far as you taking me off your list. I am unconcerned. It will remain in the spam folder to be automatically deleted. 


On Tue, Oct 7, at 6:16 PM, Scott Kenan wrote:


Hi Kat -- the only unprofessional thing here is that I did not ask you to send me Mr. Reiter's EMAIL -- only his email address, which by your refusing to do so WITHOUT FIRST ASKING HIM ABOUT IT, you are being a silly cunt. Get laid.

And many of the people I send copies of my blog to are people I like to have PROOF FOR COURT that I have tried to warn them of the truth and what I and the Law will do to them soon if they don't back off -- or make settlement with me first. This does NOT apply to you, so since I just got Mr. Reiter's email address ELSEWHERE, I will take you off my list as soon as I get over any leftover pissiness on my own part. Possibly it is even "prissiness".

Also, I found a fun image to use to represent you on my blog.

Good day,
Scott




As you can see, I'm just a BIG FAT BABY (on left).




Zebra Blue Primrose






.

No comments:

Post a Comment