Monday, September 8, 2014

After Adjusting My Course . . .


This sounds like me, as I can enjoy all sports to watch -- but rarely do, except that I used to REALLY get into the Atlanta Braves when they were hot in the 1990s.


On Christmas Eve, 1999, I was to be on a commercial flight with the Atlanta Hawks, and something happened illustrating their problem currently in the news. I'll get to that after this:





This is the Panthers Fans site that Sara Helms Smith of Charlotte, NC maintains, and I actually met her on the Wilmington, North Carolina riverfront when I lived there. She is to be commended for her red hair!!!



She looks like she could rival ME for trouble!!!



I just sent her this, via Facebook:


Scott Kenan


Hi Sara -- I just realized that nearly two years ago I accidentally bought you a present. It was meant for my Kenan-side first cousin's daughter, Wendy, a HUGE Panthers fan -- but instead of coming to visit, she and her Baptist Republican family now consider me the Devil and won't even speak to me. And this black and blue poncho with "Panthers" and logo machine-embroidered has never been worn -- and other than being a poncho, is not Mexican to look at.
It also has its own story, because I bought it at a weekly crafts festival in La Penita, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Pe%C3%B1ita_de_Jaltemba about 50 miles north of Puerto Vallarta when I lived further north of that in Chacala, and I was in the company of an Oregon State narco-trafficker associated with the Episcopal Church, who had given me about a pound of pot to keep me quiet -- and I gave nearly all of that away to keep from having enough to be in Mexican Illegal Possession (about 1/5 ounce -- but they are raising it to about a full ounce). He later beat me, after hauling me into local Court, where I was enjoined NOT to say anything not-nice about Mexican citizens or they would jail or deport me.

It was that narco-trafficker who negotiated a price so low I was embarassed -- then paid for it from a two-inch-thick roll of hundred dollar American bills he pulled from his pocket, after which I reimbursed him (it ended up around 10 dollars, so not expensive).
I had published on blog, a photo of my landlady accepting 24 two-kilo bags of white powder drugs from a man with California plates. From the behavior of her kids later, I would say it was Meth.
Anyway, I claimed I had worn a wire to that Court appearance and recorded it, so they were then afraid of me -- but I swiftly moved back to Puerto Vallarta -- and landlady has moved into hiding after several townspeople said she sells drugs to children and I published THAT. HA!!!
But the pancho itself is completely clean and perhaps you would like it -- it's just sat around here in a bag all this time. I would need your address and a phone number to ship it to you. Perhaps you would enjoy its "inner mojo".
Let me know!!!

Scott

PS: I forgot to mention. La Penita with 20,000 residents has its own HUGE strip/pole-dance club -- that one night a week (its busiest), is all GAY, And the MISS BAJA MEXICO CONTEST for drag queens was held in 2012 in the largest bar in the downtown.


en.wikipedia.org
'La Peñita de Jaltemba, commonly called La Peñita, is a small beach town in Nayarit, Mexico. It is located on Jaltemba Bay and has[when?] approximately 20,000 inhabitants. It's located 64 kilometers north of Puerto Vallarta at kilome

ADDED NOTE: Several of that Oregon State narco-traffickers' Oregan friends also stayed for a few weeks in Chacala, and I got to know them: white people in their 60s and 70s, and they ALL traveled Mexico, claiming to work in Episcopalian Homeless Shelters. What was truly ODD, was that they claimed them to be the NICEST (this is typical of ANYTHING Episcopalian, in the States or abroad), shelters and in the middle of up-scale, gated communities.


If YOU know of homeless shelters in the center of nice, gated communities ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, please send me an email or write a comment about it.

* * *

I was actually on my way to London to be with Yonty Solomon (as discussed in the most previous posting -- with more to follow this), when I waited pre-dawn at Atlanta Hartsfield Airport (then), for my first flight to my transfer site to go on to England, when a whole forest of tall guys began gathering, and I soon learned I was to be on a flight with the Hawks!!!

Soon, a white couple in their 60s from suburban Atlanta, sat next to 6' 11" me, and began telling me how MUCH they loved my playing -- and that they had watched me in the game a couple of days before.


HELLO?!?!?


Several of the top Atlanta basketball stars were in easy listening distance, snickering, and I finally had to just get up and go sit with THEM, and discussed the SPIRITUAL SICKNESS OF WHITE AMERICANS.




And the only point I want to make about the current kerfuffle with the owner of the Hawks, is that the whole thing is so ODD, I have to assume the real story is behind the apparent story. The only thing wrong with the guy's emails, is that instead of BLAMING black fans for making white ones uncomfortable, he should have LAMENTED the scaredy cat behaviors and beliefs of WHITE PEOPLE who think a majority-black situation means they are in MORTAL PERIL!!!


And the REAL story of sports-teams and racism is about the ATLANTA BRAVES, who break ground for their new stadium (and they HAVE a new stadium in downtown Atlanta, already), in WHITE Cobb County this September 16. Although Ted Turner once owned them, NOW they are owned by TIME/Warner and CNN -- the biggest news channel of (believable -- Fox News isn't believable) TRAITOROUS IDEAS and a SUPER FOE of me -- HA!!!





Yonty Solomon at his piano in 1996 -- the piano he and some of his students used to play just for me.



>>> FLESHING OUT JONATHAN "YONTY" SOLOMON A BIT MORE:



"From 1976, the pioneering efforts of South African pianist Yonty Solomon began to turn the history of Sorabji’s reputation. In a monumental series of London recitals, he presented a number of Sorabji’s piano works for the first time and the interest which these generated has grown and developed ever since. 

"This inevitably led to increasing international interest in his music; following Solomon’s pioneering, more performers presented authorised performances, broadcasts and commercial recordings, laying to rest at last the long-held myth of its unplayability

"In suitable conditions, Sorabji permitted — even encouraged — this, once he recognised the existence of musicians capable of doing it justice. Cognoscenti of the major keyboard works do not predict such compendia of fearsome difficulties becoming “standard repertoire”, but whilst the music hurls uniquely forbidding challenges at performers, it exerts an immediate intellectual and emotional grip on listeners."




1. Yonty was a bit of a snob and only too late, realized the value of recordings. He resisted recording much until AFTER the new CD technology had been used to digitally record plenty of great interpretations, and these recordings did NOT wear out -- needing to be replaced -- like old LPs, so the recording of Classical Music was in decline, and recording companies were no longer interested in recording as much.


2. Yonty DID make a nice fortune, trading in antique books (which his five-level house was packed with) -- as well as in flower art prints, including one he gave me, then later promised to give me its pair, so he kept it and promised to have both framed for me before my next return to London.




At THAT time, Steve Poynter, who had been my first live-in boyfriend in Key West (where he moved from Seattle to be with me -- 1981), contacted me internetically to say -- and Steve was always a "height fetishist" -- either tall or short, here seen with his later Mexican boyfriend, Marco, he still has after bringing him in from Mexico City, giving him a college education, etc., writing that he knew a 6' 8" guy who Yonty Solomon dated, but on his second trip back to see Yonty, he had simply DISAPPEARED from the Detroit airport while waiting for a flight -- rather than tell Yonty he had changed his mind.


>>> CORRECTION!!!: Steve said that this 6' 8" guy had had someone ELSE call Yonty after he turned around in Detroit to say he had actually DIED!!!


Steve was and is a flight attendant for Alaska Airlines, and as both President of their Flight Attendants' Union for some time -- and a computer programmer for them, too, at times, is credited MUCH for Alaska Airlines' HIGH Customer Service. He also got his entire family to invest every possible penny very early in Microsoft stock, so they are all very wealthy now.


But getting this report that I might need to even FEAR Yonty, I researched the print he had given me, but then still retained, to discover that EACH OF THEM had a market value of $32,000.00 USD, and I FREAKED at that, writing Yonty accusing him of trying to BUY me.


Then, I settled down, deciding I was being rash, and meant to save the HELL-FIRE email draft (so I could get my nearly overcooked pot roast out of the oven and eat it before majorly amending my email), but accidentally sent it instead.



So ended my romance with Yonty Solomon.


And just now, I pulled out my sweater that Yonty got my mother to measure me for so his Scot friend Frances Gardiner, who shears her own Shetland sheep, then cards, dyes, and spins her own wool, knitted for me in rather GIGANTIC proportions. It's still in GREAT condition (although there are only five nights a year I can wear it in Puerto Vallarta) -- HA!!!



Sara Helms Smith has not yet read my Facebook message to her -- but she should REST ASSURED that if she accepts my poncho gift, I can STILL stay warm.


Scott









>>> THIS JUST IN @ 3:02 PM, CDT: Sara Helms Smith has ACCEPTED MY OFFER (and LOVES reading my stories)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment