Monday, July 28, 2014

I Feel Sorry for "Jesus"!!!






>>> THIS MORNING, THESE THINGS HAPPENED:


1. As I was beginning my second mug of coffee while watching CNN, a gentleman came to my door. About forty years old, well-groomed, and professional in appearance, he explained that his twelve year old son has been very sick and has to go into hospital -- but he's already spent all his money and could I help out?

He explained that he lives about 1.5 miles away, and came to see if I could help. He had walked from the bus stop up the daunting three-block-long hill, and then out the 150 feet of paved path from the end of the street to my door. He fought tears as he told me his story in broken English.

I was heart-broken to have to turn him away. My income barely covers my OWN expenses, and a kind and generous (if somewhat eccentric), man in the USA has paid all my own health costs -- and for many things I lost to the CIA, Drug Mafia, etc. I can and do help people-in-need with small moneys, but this man needs hundreds if not thousands of dollars, something I can't give and my own benefactor cannot take on Mexico's poor.

I wondered if I have been foolish talking about the wealth of my distant relatives -- and that which I hope to make. But one person seeking me out is not a sign of my having raised unfair expectations, although I LIKE that he expected kindness from me.


The whole thing really set me to thinking and I've lost touch with what I'd planned to do today.


2. This is the entire conversation I had with a few on Facebook last night -- but then the last three comments were added this morning. You needn't read Shirley's re-print of Naomi Ragen's words to follow the conversation below, but I wanted to provide the entire context:

By Naomi Ragen
I’m sitting here in Jerusalem after a week of heartbreak over three murdered
teens, followed by two weeks of sirens, bomb blasts, and finally, the
funerals of young IDF soldiers, of whom one-third are students who should be
taking their final exams, instead of risking their lives. I’m reading on
the internet about what a horrible person I am as an Israeli and as a Jew,
and what a terrible, immoral country I live in.

All this criticism comes mainly from the European press: The Guardian, the
BBC, papers in Italy, Norway, France, and don’t forget America: The New York
Times, CNN. And I’m thinking: Gee, the British should understand. After
all, they lived through the blitz, Nazis raining bombs indiscriminately down
on them, the way Hamas is raining bombs down on us. And when the brave
pilots of the RAF aimed their bombs at Dresden killing 300,000 men, women
and children, they didn’t throw down leaflets telling people to politely
evacuate; didn’t send their soldiers to knock on doors to see if they’d
followed the leaflets instructions ( as CNN complained Israel failed to do
at an UNRWA school, which was probably hit by a Hamas bomb anyway.)

And I think of the rest of Europe, who rounded up our grandparents and
great-grandparents, and relatives –men, women and children—and sent them off
to be gassed, no questions asked. And I think: They are now the moral
arbiters of the free world? They are telling the descendants of the people
they murdered how to behave when other anti-Semites want to kill them?

As for Americans, represented by the New York Times, that bastion of
high-minded hypocrisy and mediocre journalism parading as the “newspaper of
record,” one has only to read the article by Professor Auerbach in the New
York Observer (Two Weeks of Shallow, Facile Moral Equivalency From the New
York Times) to see how Jodi Rudoren and other Times apparatchiks have
learned to close their minds and love Hamas. After all, there are CHILDREN
DYING. It doesn’t matter that the Palestinians have educated an entire
generation to be little Nazi-wannabes, who worship death and hate Jews,
murdering their souls, and are now callously putting their bodies in harm’s
way to use for touching photo ops. We shouldn’t be shocked by this omission
by the Times. After all, The New York Times was one of the last news
outlets to bring to the attention of the reading public the Nazi atrocities
in Europe. Read the Times during the nightmare years, and see if you can’t
find a pattern here.

And so, as an Israeli, brought up with Jewish values, and an American,
taught to love freedom, justice, democracy and fair play, I have to tell all
of you- Europeans, Americans, and last of all Muslim terrorist sympathizers
and barbarians, that what you are saying no longer moves anyone of good
moral judgment and intelligence. The current crisis in Gaza is so morally
clear-cut, so absolutely a case of self-defense, that I must say to you, as
someone finally said to Senator McCarthy: “Sir, have you no shame?”

I prefer that you - writers of these lies and libels-- hate me and my
country, if it means that you can save your tears for other peoples dead. We
aren’t greedy for sympathy. After all, we got so much after the Holocaust,
we prefer other people to have their share now. These days, we prefer to
live, rather than have people cry over us and the injustices done to us.

So by all means, cry for the Palestinian people - men women and children-
whose duly elected leadership has callously left them without protection
from just retribution for their terrorist crimes. Who took their aid money
and are living in Qatar in five star hotels building shopping centers for
themselves. Who built terrorist tunnels under their homes, mosques,
hospitals and schools, and recruited their sons to die for Allah, while they
sit in bunkers waiting for the U.N. to rescue them.

Don’t cry for us, or our families, or our children, or grandchildren. Not
this time. Not ever. Not if we can help it. Because this time, thank God,
we have a country. We are armed. This time, with God's help, we know how
to protect ourselves from Nazis and their high-minded media cheerleaders.

I would like to end this with an expletive and a hand gesture towards the
people I’m addressing. Please choose one you think would be fitting. I can
think of many.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
LikeLike ·  · 
  • 9 people like this.
  • Debbie Wagner Thank you Shirley. I had to share this one. People need to know what is actually happening in Israel.
  • Scott Kenan The only thing I see happening is God-hating Muslims and God-hating Jews trading lies and bombs because they think God loves them best. With luck they will mutually destroy each other. Religious people are like devils.
    21 hrs · Like
  • Charles Gross I don't know what to say, other than I stand with Israel, I believe that Muslims are barbaric, sub-humans who need to be exterminated from this earth...
    17 hrs · Like
  • Charles Gross I'm not sure what Scott Kenan is saying, but if it is that he thinks that Christians are as bad as Muslims, then I have no use for him as a person. Scott, you have the opportunity to clarify....
    17 hrs · Like
  • Lisa Dillard Seabolt Going to share ...clarifying article . After the Holocaust ---glad they are well armed and prepared to fight! This is dead on!!!
    16 hrs · Like
  • Scott Kenan Charles Gross: I do not argue with someone who admits he condemns a whole class of people (for religious, racial, or any other reason). You made my point for me: Too many people claiming to be Christians are full of hate.
    16 hrs · Like · 1
  • Scott Kenan Although not yet complete, part of this thread is published on my blog, which is emailed to 500 mostly in the US Press, and the blog itself is getting 500 - 700 hits per day. http://theweathercontinues.blogspot.mx/.../well-that-was...
    15 hrs · Like
  • Shirley Jones Scott...Please know Israel will be last nation to stand. ..it is written!
    12 hrs · Like · 1
  • Scott Kenan Shirley Jones: Pretty much everything has been written. The Bible says it's an abomination to touch the skin of a dead pig. Do you condemn American football? I doubt it. You pick and choose what you like in the Bible -- human nature. The Bible has passages to support every human prejudice.
    2 hrs · Like · 1
  • Scott Kenan Regardless how anyone chooses to interpret "Bible prophesies", enthusiasm over an ultimate triumph of the nation of Israel does not mean all Muslims are "barbaric sub-humans who need to be exterminated from earth", as Mr. Gross claims, and no "Christian" here challenged that. Jesus STILL weeps.
    2 hrs · Like



>>> SAD BUT TRUE, Mr. Gross added more at 6:30 PM today -- and I responded:


  • Charles Gross I would like to retract the "all should be exterminated" statement. That was too harsh and a poor product of consuming wine before dinner and because I had just witnessed a few videos of Muslims beheading and/or shooting in the back of the head people who were tied up and forced to kneel on the ground to be executed. In general, though, I see Islam as a cult of hate, violence, misogyny, and barbarian behavior. Also, I do not tolerate any reference to Christians being those who hate. Such a position is one of ignorance and progressive liberal insanity.
  • Scott Kenan It certainly took you long enough. No one gives a shit what someone with your video appetite thinks of ANYTHING. But I understand the link between alcohol and violent thought. I have found it in myself before. James Venable, who revived the Ku Klux Klan in the 20th Century, as a Christian White Knight (or Wizard, actually), hung black folks on the tree in my front yard in Stone Mountain, GA, years before I built the house (I learned that later). My (think Kenan Stadium) family founded UNC, and big scandal now because these Christians named buildings for Confederate War heroes and also Klansmen. 
    3 mins · Likehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilmington_Insurrection_of_1898, 

  • Today, these Pillars of the Episcopal Church who gave it about $100 million over last 90 years, defend this and Episcopal seminary at Sewanee only gave up their Confederate Mace (symbol of Episcopal Authority) in 2005. Also, my Kenan family with First Presbyterian Church caused the 1898 Wilmington Insurrection
  •  where blacks were murdered, property taken, and blacks deposed from elected office. Today, white Republicans use "the Kenan coup" as proof they can murder blacks like Trayvon Martin and get away from it. I recommend marijuana to relax and less alcohol.


3.


Jesus (Yeshua-bar-Joseph, actually), in Heavenly Disco, mixing the music of heavenly FUNK, has gone nearly deaf -- drowning out all the prayers and petitions of the millions -- or perhaps it is billions.







4.

Sonnet XCIV by William Shakespeare
They that have power to hurt, and will do none,
That do not do the thing they most do show,
Who, moving others, are themselves as stone,
Unmoved, cold, and to temptation slow;
They rightly do inherit heaven's graces,
And husband nature's riches from expense;
They are the lords and owners of their faces,
Others, but stewards of their excellence.
The summer's flower is to the summer sweet,
Though to itself, it only live and die,
But if that flower with base infection meet,
The basest weed outbraves his dignity:
For sweetest things turn sourest by their deeds;
Lilies that fester, smell far worse than weeds.
LikeLike ·  · 
  • Karen Ferrell-White likes this.
  • Scott Kenan Well THANK GOD for educated women -- but how many of your readers understand Elizabethan English???
    1 hr · Like
  • Karen Ferrell-White Perhaps more than you might think.
    1 hr · Like
  • Scott Kenan Karen Ferrell-White is my FAVORITE kind of woman (like Ansley) -- I was Tennessee Williams' last assistant, and know that Shakespeare will live as long as people are educated -- although to understand Mr. Williams, one needn't yet be a scholar.
    1 hr · Like · 1
  • Charlotte Moore Who's Tennessee Williams?
    8 mins · Like
  • Charlotte Moore (Just kidding, but I sure read Shakespeare before I read Williams.)
    7 mins · Like
  • Scott Kenan Charlotte Moore is "cruisin' fer a bruisin'"!!! She's lucky I'm stuck in Puerto Vallarta in political exile from the USA. I oughta "teleport" or sumpthin' -- turn her over my knee, and give her a SPANKING!!!
    1 min · Like





Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment