Monday, July 14, 2014

Good Samaritan, or Bad Samurai -- YOU Decide!!!


Good Samaritan Hospital (Catholic) in Cincinnati, Ohio, about 1951 -- when I was born there.


Previously, my mother, Ruth Anne (Meyer) Kenan, had been the Head Nurse there. Later, she raised us with Swastikas, hidden contact with top Republican politicians, and daily beatings.


Oddly, the hospital is located on Dixmyth Avenue, and "Abel Trippin" seems to believe he has a mythical one with which he'd hoped to WOW me, which I learned last night in Facebook conversation. I posted that to document the peculiarity of it in the most previous posting,  but did not email that one to my list.





>>> TODAY'S BUSINESS:


1. Today, I have to help our Leader of the local Writers Group get his car out of hock -- once he finds where it is and how to do that -- all over a minor parking violation. So I don't know if I'll get to calling either the Office of the Head Prelate of the Episcopal Church, USA or Wells Fargo, today. I have a pretty good idea how to approach both of them now -- especially since I gave up trying to move Tennessee Williams' estate from Sewanee to Harvard, as Tennessee had designated in the codicil to his will and to his friends.

But this is GOOD TOO, in that I can discuss my recent words and behavior concerning the Writers Group (some of which I am not proud of), with Leader -- and I DO also need to email Robin to explain my behavior/words to him.


2. Last night, I commented on a Facebook posting of a long-time Facebook Friend whom I've never met -- in fact I don't remember friending her, but in the late oughts (2000 - 2009), I managed to friend 800 people without knowing or having Facebook conversations with most of them. It seemed back then that everyone was friending their friends' friends who posted anything interesting -- and people friended me frequently that way too.

This woman is a Christian minister in the Northeast, and I responded to her posting this image:




OBVIOUSLY (to me), if we "checked the Bible for messages" frequently during the day, we would be STONING WOMEN almost constantly -- as per many "messages" in the Bible on how to treat women.


The Bible is PERFECT . . .


. . . because using it, one can justify ANY behavior -- and Christians, especially, DO!!!


One of this minister's comments shows how LITTLE she thinks things through. Clearly she is primarily well-intentioned, but while using the BEST of the Bible to change most behaviors, she exempts children, who should live in FEAR of their parents.


"Perhaps if we treated our Bible the way we treat our cell phones we would LOVE one another more....we would be concerned about the widows and those who are poor. Our children would grow up in homes with the fear and respect of their parents and we would lay down our swords, shields and guns. The message is simply, let's read our bibles just a little bit more and strive to honor those things we know to be true. LOVE is the message here."


Lea and I had a private electronic discussion this morning, and despite the peculiarity of SOMEONE unfriending us, I can still comment on her postings which I SHOULD not be able to do, now. Last night, in back and forth with Abel Trippin, several of my comments to him disappeared a minute or so after they were posted. He seems to have never had a chance at all to have read them. This did NOT happen to the great bulk of comments. Either someone compromised my account -- or Facebook is now UBER-MEDDLING.

My comment to Lea about that: 


Thanks Lea for deleting my comment about the hypocrisy of Christians. And as we discussed privately, it is ODD that I was un-friended from you overnight -- which you did not claim credit for and I did not do -- yet I am ALLOWED to comment on your posting here, STILL!!! Either one of us is lying -- or Facebook is REALLY interfering.


3. There seems to be a COMPLETE NEWS BLACKOUT on what is happening in Iraq with the continuing aggression of ISIS/ISIL, with the USA wanting to FIGHT THEM in Iraq -- but SUPPORT THEIR EFFORTS in Syria.

Last I saw, President Obama had sent 200, then 100 more -- and then another couple of hundred US troops to Iraq -- and some Democrats (with some Republicans), interpret things that he has NO AUTHORITY now without Congress giving it to him, the old Authority that George Bush used (and Obama, earlier), having expired.


ONE motivation for the escalating conflict around Israel, seems to be to distract us until Obama gets more troops into Iraq, and another to sell the USA Israel's IRON DOME (financed 80% by American taxpayers whose roads and bridges crumble beneath us), on a MUCH LARGER SCALE AND COST.


Nothing surprises me, any more.





Has anyone noticed the TV and online news reports of police in American towns (some small), arriving in heavy-duty vehicles meant for WAR??? Now there ARE some situations where this is understandable, but I've seen some where only one person was being apprehended and anti-IED-hardened military transport got some cops there.

These vehicles are EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE to maintain and operate, and most police departments don't have budget to handle them.


Keep your eyes out . . .


And GOOD LUCK this week!!! We could ALL use some.


Scott




Fortunately, I live six blocks from here!!!





.

No comments:

Post a Comment