Sunday, July 13, 2014

Considering What Remains of "My Day", Should I Write a PLAY???


Although I DID watch a lot of Captain Kangeroo and Mr. Geen Jeans, unlike Christopher Guest who wrote and starred in WAITING FOR GUFFMAN (http://www.amazon.com/Waiting-Guffman-Lewis-Arquette/dp/B004G75MD8), I do not LOOK like the Captain.


At 6' 11", I'm too tall.


But that said, I'm surrounded by all my past experience and odd connections -- both real and imagined!!! Also, I just checked my new digital scale from Costco, and I weigh 260.8 pounds, so NO LONGER showing three 6s in a row. I've BEATEN the devil inside!!!




>>> BUT REALLY:


1. FIRST, I submitted myself, this morning, to RIGOROUS PSYCHOLOGICAL TESTING to determine my "rock bottom" character:


Oh Lord!!! This means I would tear up Europe and the Middle East to further the Catholic Pope's goals -- LOL!!!


Which Famous King or Queen Are You?


http://www.playbuzz.com/jonb10/which-famous-king-or-queen-are-you


  • Scott Kenan Chivalrous and charming, you are Richard I – The Lionheart (1189-1199)! A natural leader, you were born to rule - not just forced into it. Others flock to your magnetic personality, and are swooned by your genuine charm. You are not only a gifted leader, but one who leads by example, a rare feat. Richard I was a crusading King who gained fame for his chivalry, courage and indefatigable spirit. He earnt the respect of his great enemy Saladin through vast crusades, sweeping the entire continent of Europe.
  • Ed Miller I thought it would have been Queen Latifah!
  • Scott Kenan My mouth isn't that big, Ed Miller -- and while certainly delightful enough, you were not the one who tested my mouth's size, actually . . .
    6 mins · Like


Ed is a member of my Garden of Pingas from the Past -- and a rather cool one of those. I knew him in Georgia before his marriage blew up. It was the strong cloying perfume of the bar soap his wife made him use that finally sank the marriage.




2. More on Richard I of EnglandRichard I (8 September 1157 – 6 April 1199) was King of England from 6 July 1189 until his death. He also ruled as Duke of Normandy (as Richard IV), Duke of Aquitaine, Duke of Gascony, Lord of CyprusCount of PoitiersCount of AnjouCount of Maine,Count of Nantes, and Overlord of Brittany at various times during the same period. He was the third of five sons of King Henry II of England and Eleanor of Aquitaine. He was known as Richard Cœur de Lion, or mainly Richard the Lionheart, even before his accession, because of his reputation as a great military leader and warrior.[1] The Muslims called him Melek-Ric (King Richard) orMalek al-Inkitar (King of England).[2] He was also known in occitan as Oc e No (Yes and No), because of his ability to change his mind.[3] (This last part sure sounds like me!!!) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_I_of_England


Since being Lion-Hearted seems enough of a qualification for writing a play, I considered what I know of any similar plays ALSO being written, and since I was contacted back in early March of this year by "Abel Trippin" (not his real name), who actually sent me TEN DOLLARS via the donations link on my original blog http://scottkenan.blogspot.com to get an electronic copy of my memoir:



NOW AVAILABLE TO READ FOR FREE in a blog format: http://laterdaysoftennesseewilliams.blogspot.mx/, I am very pleased to say that in the first 45 days of posting this mid-August 2013, I got over 600 hits, although I was promoting it heavily. Then, with light promotion, it sank to a low of only 32 hits in April of this year. But last month -- with NO promotion -- it zoomed to 102 hits, so it has achieved A LIFE OF ITS OWN!!!


I plan to improve the formatting of the book here, as hackers messed with it a good bit -- and also that will re-acquaint me with the material before writing a ONE-MAN SHOW, no???


* * *


>>> THE MATERIAL BELOW WAS CHANGED CONSIDERABLY AFTER EMAILING IT TO 500. The next blog posting explains WHY.



I can't RESIST telling you the brief story of Abel Trippin's alleged intended adventure!!!


Abel Trippin from Facebook.



Abel from Gmail/Google+




Abel Trippin in REALITY (at lease -- or perhaps least -- he likely has some HAIR on a nice chest!!!)


Anyway, since Jamie Lee Sutherland sued me without legally serving me and convicted me of LIBEL in absentia, STEALING the copyright to my memoir (among other things), I wasn't sure I should accept his money, so I called him by phone and we decided it is a DONATION. Of course, I DID send him a PDF copy.

But the AMAZING THING was to hear of his project. He told me that after living through THIS peculiarity (possibly why the Episcopal Church took such a SHINE TO HIM):


Actually, it was just some "youthful indiscretion" that no one showed he was actually responsible for anyway.


Abel told me he had hung out at The University of the South (aka Sewanee), for a year or so, and got to know the STEWARDS OF TENNESSEE WILLIAMS' ESTATE there quite well, and was able to get Sewanee's permission to research and USE any/all Tennessee Williams' materials that Sewanee owns rights to  (pretty much everything)!!!


And Abel's project that Sewanee APPROVED???: To write a (REDACTED: TOP SECRET!!!)


Well, you KNOW, anything is possible, and if a project like this MISSES (and to do this right would take EXTREME TALENT), it REALLY FLOPS, so I contacted Abel a month or so later AND HE HAD NOT EVEN OPENED MY FILE.


>>> BOTTOM LINE DEDUCTION:


With Abel Trippin now living in a small town in North Carolina -- HUNDREDS OF MILES AWAY from Sewanee's treasure trove of Williams material -- and Abel using photos to make himself look like he is SOMETHING when he's not proven much at all, I think he should, perhaps, stick with photography and raising funds for causes he says are "good". Here is a photo of Kerr Lake that he recently posted:




And here is a photo of Abel's mama, Starlene:





Miss Starlene


And Starlene is the (now of ChicagoOF COURSE!!!), "Carolina-trailerette-trash" (the kind of the very HIGHEST CALIBER!!!), sister of  the fabulous STARINA!!!





So I CERTAINLY THINK Abel Trippin is STUDIOUS-LOOKING ENOUGH to do the job, and I wish him EVERY SUCCESS!!!



Scott








.

No comments:

Post a Comment