Friday, March 21, 2014

Barry Bam-Bam-Care to EXCEED Its Goal -- Tulip Magnolias Bloom in Nashville, Tennessee (and Elton John plays tonight at Tennessee Williams Festival, +/-)!!!


A Facebook Friend in Nashville sent me this from his yard.




>>> LOTS TO COVER!!!:


1. THIS JUST IN: AFTER I wrote the above subtitle, Bob Bruneau, Director of the Puerto Vallarta (gay) Mens Chorus called me -- asking if I had called him (it showed on his phone that I did that). I explained that no, I had not since I saw him last (last Monday night), and that as I was beginning to explain that my calls often don't go through or are sent to ENTIRELY different numbers, HE HUNG UP ON ME -- LOL!!!


2. (Had been meant to be #1):

John Boehner, Mitch McConnell


Republicans Crushed as New Forecast Shows That Obamacare Will Smash Its Enrollment Goal


This story began yesterday, and there are MANY reports of it all over the Internet(s) now. Google for them if you must, but here is the link for THIS version: http://www.politicususa.com/2014/03/20/republicans-crushed-forecast-shows-obamacare-smash-enrollment-goal.html


Is it POSSIBLE that CNN and others only MILKED the missing airliner story so that in the last three weeks to sign up, Major Media would be DEVOID of the Republican Lies??? It is NO SECRET that the Reds made the BILL highly unpopular -- but its PROVISIONS are VERY POPULAR!!!


3.



WHAT were the chances that Elton John would be scheduled to play in New Orleans the VERY NIGHT of the beginning of the BIGGEST PARTS of the NEW ORLEANS/TENNESSEE WILLIAMS LITERARY FESTIVAL -- and I'm NOT talking Kit Wohl's big ol' MOON-PIE FACE???


Readers might recall that in my entire life, I have "known" that I would know both Tennessee Williams and Elton John, personally, yet despite Elton's LIVING mostly in Atlanta for many years (and my having met his boyfriend of years ago who had just won the MISTER GAY GEORGIA contest (or similar), at a Mexican restaurant on Cheshire Bridge Road, I KEEP HAVING these tangential connections to Elton:


A. In late 1972 when two of my friends and I formed the FIRST Gay Group at Denison University, we did a 90 minute campus radio show on "What it is like to be gay at Denison," and at MY INSISTENCE the first half (taped interviews), also used several of Elton's songs in part. NO ONE ELSE believed Elton John could be gay -- but I insisted.


B. FAST FORWARD to 2010:



And WHERE did this happen -- that Elton John played at Rush Limbaugh's THIRD SERIAL WEDDING for only $1,000,000.00???




Why at Thomas S. Kenan III's and his step-mama Betty's fully owned THE BREAKERS HOTEL in Palm Beach, Florida, of COURSE!!!



See more here: http://www.thebreakers.com/ .



4. It is RUMORED that my nephew Connor Michael Kenan is returning to the United States next week, after his three-month adventure DOUBLED due to Connor being FRUGAL.

HOWEVER, there is also THIS to consider:


177388651

21 Signs You've Spent Too Much Time In Thailand


http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/20/signs-youve-been-to-thailand_n_4980841.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063


5. I appreciate the comments I've gotten via email about my post on visiting the ruins of the movie set for THE NIGHT OF THE IGUANA in Mismaloya. Chief among them were TWO sentiments:


A. I take very "atmospheric" photos (and I agree with this).

B. There is a RISING CALL to restore the site to John Huston's vision of a place of "fine food, drink, and merriment." Not tomorrow, but perhaps soon.


Read the ENTIRE STORY of my visit -- just TWO DAYS AGO!!!http://theweathercontinues.blogspot.mx/2014/03/my-visit-to-ruins-of-night-of-iguana.html





6.




And that's it for now . . .


Scott



.

No comments:

Post a Comment